Test your endurance by participating a stair climbing race on the centuries old Trsat Stairways
It begins on the banks of the Rječina, beside a bank building, and leads up to the plateau at 138 m above sea level. There are 561 steps in all, and they were built for pilgrims on their way to the votive church. Work was started on them in 1531 by Petar Kružić, hero of battles against the Turks, who built the lower part of the stairway, later expanded to 538 steps. The Baroque entrance hall in the form of a triumphal arch was built in the first half of the 18th century, and the votive chapels on the level ground near the church by the steps, between the 15th and the 18th centuries, one chapel each century.
Our race "539 jump" is one the most difficult endurance tests one can afford to try. The goal is simple, just try to run (or jump) as fast as you can up the 539 stairs to the top plateau.
- Date: Saturday, 30.03.2019. start in 10:00h
- Registration: Online
- Track: Trsat stairways
- Chronometric start: every 60 seconds one athlete starts the race
- Athletes start in order in which they sign up
- Number of stairs: 539
- Lenght: 463 m
- Altitude: 91 m
- Average stair dimension in cm (height x depth x width): 15 x 30 x 204
Registrations for 539 jump are open until Friday, 29th of March 2019. The application can only be made online!
539 jump race fee:
paid before 31.12.2018. - 50 kn.
paid before 01.03.2019. - 60 kn.
paid before 29.03.2019. - 70 kn.
All payments should be effected at latest before midnight 29th of March 2019!
Payment can be made exclusively through the web shop! Payment via bank account or in cash is not possible!
Top 3 men and women athletes wil, receive prize in the form of vouchers that can be used for shopping in the Intersport stores in Croatia.
1st place - Intersport voucher 500kn
2nd place - Intersport voucher 300kn
3rd place - Intersport voucher 100kn
Other useful info
- Public toalet: on parking Delta
- Refreshment after race: water, nibbles...
- Organizer is not accountable for the damages, injuries or accidents that may occur during the race.
- Athletes agree that all photo and video material shot on the race can be used for promotoinal purposes of the organizer.
- All athletes are participating at their own risk. By registering and paying race fee, athlete takes responsibility for his / her participation in the race.
- Return from the finish line is back down the stairs. Make space to those who are running up and don't forget to cheer!